QLTS School Preparation Courses
QLTS School provides training and consulting services for the QLTS assessments for both individual lawyers and the leading law firms in the world.
We have been offering courses for the QLTS since its introduction in 2011 and are strictly focused on teaching for the QLTS assessments.
We have attended several workshops held by the SRA and accordingly created our preparation courses for the MCT and OSCE, which reflect the SRA’s Day One Outcomes and the examiner’s requirements.
The pass rate of the candidates taking our MCT courses is significantly higher than the overall pass rate of the QLTS assessments (verified by a third party research firm across three consecutive sittings in 2013 and 2014). Full analysis is available on this website.
Why Do You Need a QLTS Course Provider?
The assessment provider, Kaplan QLTS, is not authorised by the SRA to provide preparation courses for the QLTS assessments. The scope of the material, however, is very comprehensive and similar to what expected from those lawyers being qualified through the domestic route in England.
Therefore, it is essential that you prepare for the assessments with a course provider that understands your needs and will provide you with the right guidance, so that you can complete the assessments successfully – on your first attempt.
Key Information About QLTS School’s Courses
QLTS School’s course enables you to study in your preferred environment, at your own pace, and at the most suitable and convenient time for you – whether at home, in the office or elsewhere.
Our training programmes are particularly designed for lawyers who are too busy to attend face-to-face lectures or work full-time.
Our courses may save you valuable time and reduce expenditure whilst at the same time retain the advantages of our professional guidance and experience.
Here are some key elements of our training courses:
- Flexible, comprehensive and cost-effective course programmes for the two parts of the QLTS assessment
- A series of professionally written textbooks covering all the subject areas required by the SRA
- Summaries of the main legal concepts and key areas of each subject
- Extensive online resources and an advanced online training system
- Periodic updates for the course material
- Dozens of mock tests simulating exam conditions
- A video library with online tutorials and professional presentations, available to watch on your computer, iPad, iPhone or Android devices
- Practical exercises, legal skills video workshops and personal training
- Expert tutors drawn from University Law Lecturers and SRA External Examiners on the Legal Practice Course (LPC), experienced in teaching international candidates for the QLTS assessments
- Remote access to Lexis Library and West Law databases, exclusively offered to our candidates – no need to go to any physical library
- Special arrangements and unique programmes for international candidates based outside the UK
- Personalised consultations and step-by-step study plans available for both the MCT and OSCE so that you can benefit from a structured and proven yet tailored study plan from the moment you begin your preparation
- Proven track record and video testimonials of numerous candidates who passed the assessments on their first attempt and are now dual-qualified English solicitors – we invite you to visit the Success Stories page on this website to learn more about the experiences of some of our former candidates
QLTS School’s course programmes cover each of the two elements of the assessment: