Beyond motivation, one of the most important elements you should consider when embarking your solicitor training is proper SQE preparation and planning.
When you first decide to take the SQE assessments and qualify as an English solicitor, you know what is generally involved – such as SQE1 (multiple choice questions), SQE2 (practical legal skills exam), and the areas of law and skills covered.
But when you start to look at the specifics – the logistics, time commitment, and study schedule – several questions inevitably arise that will underpin your entire preparation effort:
- How long will the SQE take to complete?
- How long will it take to prepare for the SQE exams?
- How much time should I allow for study each day/week?
- How can I get a structured study plan and the necessary study tools?
- How can I be confident that what I am studying is really what is needed to pass?