QLTS School’s MCT preparation course gives you everything you need to pass the MCT on your first try – you do not need to buy any other material, and can study whenever and wherever you want.
The MCT course is designed to build a strong foundation in the legal concepts essential for success in the MCT assessment. The course features the following:
- 11 comprehensive textbooks covering all areas of practice required by the SRA in Outcomes A1-A11: The English Legal System & EU Law, Constitutional Law & Judicial Review, Professional Conduct & Solicitors’ Accounts, Financial Regulation & Taxation, Property, Contracts Law, Torts, Criminal Law, Equity & Trusts, Business Law, and Human Rights
- QLTS Course Handbook explaining the fundamentals of the QLTS assessments, structure of the course programme, suggested study guide and test administration procedures, protocols and policies
- MCT Video Library with over 100 tutorials with professional presentations, spanning 35 + of lectures. You can watch the videos on your PC, iPad, iPhone or Android devices
- 2,500+ digital flash cards – short questions and answers on each of the topics covered by the syllabus
- Revision notes summarising the key points and main legal principles on each subject
- 1,500+ multiple choice practice questions with detailed solutions and explanations
- 15 mock exams (with 90 questions each) that will enable you to test your progress and simulate a real test, with intermingled questions and a time limit similar to the formal MCT – View a Demo of a 20-Question MCT Sample Test (opens in a new tab)
- Free periodic updates for the course materials
- Initial guidance and a customised study plan prepared by one of our MCT expert tutors
The practice questions, flash cards, mock tests, revision notes and updates to the course materials are available on our MCT Online Training System. Access to the MCT Online Training System is for 12 months commencing on your first day of registration, or until the date on which you have passed the MCT, whichever is the earlier of the two.
Why Should You Study for the MCT with QLTS School?
The MCT is not just another standard exam. There is no specific or pre-determined pass mark. The pass mark is determined by a special ‘Standard Setting Panel’ convened by the SRA.
You are expected to show that you have reached the high standard of a newly qualified solicitor in England and Wales. In addition, the syllabus is vast and covers many subject areas of the English law. That means you must meet rigorous and robust criteria in order to pass the MCT, which requires an early and profound preparation.
QLTS School’s MCT preparation course will dramatically improve your prospects to succeed and give you a significant advantage over examinees who do not study with us. In fact, candidates who prepare with QLTS School pass at more than double the rate of non-QLTS School candidates.
How do we prove this claim? By engaging an independent, third-party research firm to analyse the data and validate our pass rates.
The firm we hired to conduct the research is ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI), a reputable and unbiased research firm that has also conducted an assessment of the QLTS training market for the SRA as part of a comprehensive research on the QLTS.
The results of the research, which covered three consecutive sittings of the MCT in 2013 and 2014, have shown the following:
- QLTS School’s candidates pass at about double the rate—or more—of non-QLTS School’s candidates
- About 3 out of 4 candidates who pass the assessment, study with QLTS School
- The vast majority of candidates who study with QLTS School pass on the first attempt
MCT Course Packages
You can begin your preparation for the MCT assessment anytime during the year. If the law changes, we will provide you with updates for the course material which will become available on our MCT Online Training System.
There are three packages available for the MCT:
- MCT Basic Course (access to 5 mock tests) – £990
- MCT Advantage Course (15 mock tests, access to the MCT Video Library) – £1,390
- MCT Premium Course (15 mock tests, access to the MCT Video Library, 2 hours of tutor support, initial guidance and a tailor-made study plan prepared by a tutor) – £1,790